2.3 The College estate
The new College facilities opened in October 2002 and provide exceptional accommodation for theatre education and training. The 4500 square metres of new and refurbished building complements the older parts of the campus, which were refurbished during 2004. Facilities include:
- ten rehearsal and teaching studios,
- two studio performance venues,
- a costume and wardrobe complex,
- a digital arts complex with two recording studios and off-line video and audio suites
- a learning resources centre comprising library, computer, video and audio facilities and specialist teaching studios,
- a scenic workshop complex for scenic arts teaching,
- design studios with CAD facilities,
- lighting studios for lighting design teaching,
- classrooms and office space for stage and production
- two café/bar areas - The Rose Café and the Bru Bar
The College buildings are part of a large site flanked by a public park, a golf course and three schools. There are gardens and a lake.
The grounds surrounding the College are well maintained and provide us with a pleasing environment in which to work. Care should be taken at all times not to leave litter around the College or the grounds. This is not an open site and any unauthorised users are trespassing. Please report any strangers to the Estate Manager.
Access to the College grounds is via reception. Your College identity or visitors card is required to operate the turnstiles. Access is from 8.30 am – 9.00 pm Monday – Friday, and Saturday from 9.30 am – 4.30 pm except for performances and other College events. The gate is closed at 9.00 p.m.